Thursday 19 March 2015

QR Street Sprints 15/3/15, more power, lighter and much faster!

Well it's been awhile since i updated this which has been due to starting a new business evocopkits.com and i havent had the car on since since last year.

So a few changes have happened and are changes that I've had on my list. The huge doorstop of a battery was 15kg including the brackets/tray/tie downs has now gone & has been replaced with a Lithiumax 550CA, 1.8kg Lithium battery and now lives under the pas seat. So a huge weight saving there.


I've also installed a 3" Invidia Cat & Tomei Expreme Titanium exhaust which is over 18kg lighter than the OE equipment

I've also dusted off the performance parts I've had for awhile but to refresh, Grimmspeed, Turbosmart actuator, LT3 wideband & boost gauge.
I've also added one of my own high powered COP kits and we made 222.9kw on 21psi on pump 98. It has so much more torque and the response is very quick, so am happy.

So how does all this equate on the track, 1.5 seconds quicker than it's previous outing. I managed a 57.7 around the QR Sprint track with the same settings in the suspension as Josh had left it. Josh was meant to come out and drive with me to do some more development but couldn't make it due to his high demand & workload.

This was also done with my engine temps still high & so this needs to be addressed again. I have spoken to an expert and have a waterless coolant coming which he believes will fix my issue.
So with engine temps down & some more seat time there's a low 57 in this with the same tyres. I'll get it out on track again very soon & keep pushing on.

Here's a few snaps of the day but no in car camera sorry




You'll notice the sponsors have gone, this is due to them not wanting to help at all they just wanted cheap advertising. But such is life and I'll keep on racing





No comments:

Post a Comment